- This event has passed.
Law Fair 2013
16 October 2013 @ 13:00 - 16:00
The highly regarded University of Kent’s annual Law Fair is being held on Wednesday 16th October from 1-4pm in Eliot Hall.
The event is designed to help students interested in a career in Law find out more about the options available to them. Students and graduates of any institution and any degree course are welcome to attend. Attendees include regional and city firms as well as LPC/GDL providers and Kent Careers Service.
If you are an exhibitor and are interested in attending our Law Fair please contact us for more information.
- Training in the legal profession is a long process and the Fair will help you find out more information so you are ready for any deadlines.
- The Law Fair can give you a more informed choice by talking to current trainees and recruitment from the firm itself. If you are interested in a particular firm, it is always helpful to make a good first impression. It is recommended for this reason that you should wear formal clothing.
- Advice can be sought from exhibitors who provide the LPC and GDL, as well as from the University Careers Advice Service.
- Be able to pick up free information which helps you determine which firms you want to apply to in the future, always start research early!
- Read out guide, Making the most of a Law Fair.
- Dress in formal clothes which look smart, it doesn’t have to be a suit but do not turn up in scruffy clothing. It is a professional event.
- Research, research, research.
- Do not turn up with 20 minutes before the Fair closes, leave plenty of time.
- Approach each firm confidently and wear a smile.
- Take a notepad and make notes, you might not remember what they told you in a few months time when starting your application.